Monday, January 30, 2012

French Sugar Parisian Upcycled Linen Flowered Skirt - $42.00

 This gorgeous Linen skirt has the most beautiful colors and I love the button-down front panel and no waistband.  ONLY problem,  it was super, super long! So I "upcycled" it. To make it short I created pleats on the bottom portion of the skirt and in this case, I created five pleats. I have to admit this was not easy and it took several attempts at first. But I found out the easiest way to make sure it comes out even all around,  is to first pin and then hand-baste the pleat. Then, when you know it's even, sew it on the machine and iron it flat. Then continue on with the next layer.  For the rose, I found a scrap piece of fabric and made sure it was pretty close in color to the skirt. What a perfect skirt for Spring and Summer. This beauty can be found at my Etsy shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment