Monday, March 19, 2012

French Sugar Parisian Upcycled Cream Jacket with Embellishments - $120.00

This little jacket is a perfect example of what can be done. I see this garment as a blank canvas - just waiting for the "goodies" to be added! It's a cream-colored corduroy with a contrasting taupe colored thread. So that's the color I went with for the embellishment. Originally the jacket had the normal collar but it had a detail of a scooped neck. So I just removed everything above the scooped neck. I was lucky to find a stretchy net top with two layers that had a black flower design on it in black thread. So I used that as the fabric for the jacket embellishment. Nice about stretchy netting - you don't have to hem it and it doesn't frey. The fabric on the two front pockets were actually the cap sleeves of the blouse I used. When things fall into place like that - I truly belive they were meant to be! The only part of the jacket that was sewn by machine was the neck area.  All else was done by hand - but nice, I got to watch a lot of TV! 
This garment is on it's way to "Altered Couture" magazine for the photoshoot for upcoming issues.  If you're interested, just let me know. However, it will take 2-3 weeks to have the garment returned and then shipped to you.  I'll be posting this on Etsy later this month.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment